You cannot see this page without javascript.

조회 수 3908 추천 수 0 댓글 1

전동훈 동문 아들 해리, 시리아 난민 동행취재

전동훈 동문의 아들 photojournalist 해리(Harry)가

2015년 하반기 자신을 난민으로 위장, 시리아 난민에 섞여

터키 이스탄불에서부터 독일까지 동행 취재해면서 

난민들의 모습을 5분짜리 동영상으로 제작, facebook에 게시했다.

동영상 보기:

클릭-> https://www.facebook.com/quartznews/videos/vb.444654488901592/1091680284199006/

해리가 후원자에게 보낸 편지:

Published on Quartz

Posted by Harry Chun

https://www.facebook.com/quartznews/videos/vb.444654488901592/1091680284199006/

Dear friends and supporters,

First of all, I owe you a big apology for not being in touch for too long and not delivering the my gratitude sooner.

The second half of 2015 had been really busy months for me and I repeatedly returned to various points in Lesbos and Balkans to continue document what refugees went through on the road. 

I still remember vividly the moment I handed over $1,200 to a smuggler in Istanbul which felt like a gambling when I didn't have much resource at the time and a friend's suggestion to launch a campaign here so friends who knew about my struggle could help out turned out to become a greatest gift I could get.

While visiting New York and trying to reach out to editors, publishers or people in the industry, I came across a Syrian photographer working for Quartz and this clip was produced by its excellent video team.

It was published a couple of weeks ago and it showed the last time I checked with more than 1.3 million views. Certainly a response I didn't expect.

It has been rough years personally and I started to wonder if I would ever be able to sustain myself as a photographer I wanted to be but things seem to be finally turning around and I feel I earn a bit more time to continue to prove myself in this very competitive world. I know it will be slow and a difficult path but this experience remind me of why I wanted to become a photographer in the first place.

I certainly wouldn't have been able to do this without your help back in September, 2015.

I will remember it.

Feel free to share the clip on your social media and give me any kind of advice where I may want to take this work to share. 

In the meantime, please contact me with your address and let me know how I may send my small gift as showing my gratitude. 

Sincerely,

• ?
    마정 2016.02.05 09:53
    해리는 '참 용기'와 '따뜻한 가슴'을 가진 '진짜 사나이'이고, 빛나는 '사진기자'입니다. '좌고우면'하지 않고, 시류에 휩쓸리지 않는 '외길 경제학자' 아버지 전동훈을 그대로 닮은 '우리 시대가 기다리는 젊은이' 입니다. 위험한 일, 힘 든 장소에서만 뛰는 것이 안쓰럽지만, 용기 부족으로 못 했던 우리의 한을 풀어주는데 대해 고마운 마음이 큽니다. 이 훌륭한 젊은이를 우리 아버지들이 정성껏 성원해 주면 좋겠습니다.